phosfate: Ouroboros painting closeup (Utena by Resmiranda)
[personal profile] phosfate
I now own all the Utena discs. Hoo, and indeed, ray.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 04:45 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nitasee.livejournal.com
Yes, but do you have the musical version? That should make your head explode.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 04:49 pm (UTC)
ext_6373: A swan and a ballerina from an old children's book about ballet, captioned SWAN! (Utena by Resmiranda)
From: [identity profile] annlarimer.livejournal.com
Yes. [livejournal.com profile] cybertardis made it for me. It's like Grease, but less gay.

Also, icon love.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 05:02 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nitasee.livejournal.com
Where I rent my anime, it's a running joke. [livejournal.com profile] cybertardis gave me a copy of it 2 or 3 years ago.

Icon was a gift from [livejournal.com profile] frenchroast.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 05:07 pm (UTC)
ext_6373: A swan and a ballerina from an old children's book about ballet, captioned SWAN! (cake)
From: [identity profile] annlarimer.livejournal.com
I wish we had decent anime rental. Our stores'll get, like, the first and third volume of a 20-disc series, and never any more.

On the other hand, I'm good at scoping out cheap-ass DVDs, so it works out about the same.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 05:44 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nitasee.livejournal.com
My rental place small but the staff is cool. It's not convient, but isn't horribly out of the way either. Plus, no late fees, so it's not an issue if I can't get there on time.

You'll have to tell me how you got cheap-ass Utena DVDs.

There are some online anime rental places that work like Netflix - including Netflix. I think one is Animetakeout, but there are others.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 06:30 pm (UTC)
ext_6373: A swan and a ballerina from an old children's book about ballet, captioned SWAN! (saturn by grac3land)
From: [identity profile] annlarimer.livejournal.com
Not all the Utena was cheap-ass, but a lot of it was, thanks to Amazon Marketplace and the local used DVD store. Local etc. doesn't have a lot of anime, but when they get it, it's dirt cheap -- Sailor Moon Super S boxed set for $30, f'rinstance.

I may try online rental if I ever get through the backlog of stuff I own. Fuckin' Sailor Moon. They also do TV sets, and it would be nice to watch the House commentaries without spending $40.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-08 12:40 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cybertardis.livejournal.com
Yeah, but the chick who played Touga was hot!

I also have a thing for the chick who played Saionji. There's just something about that swagger the green hair and the cross dressing and the...

*excuses herself*

--sah

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-08 02:42 pm (UTC)
ext_6373: A swan and a ballerina from an old children's book about ballet, captioned SWAN! (Kirika animated by Resmiranda)
From: [identity profile] annlarimer.livejournal.com
She'll be in her bunk.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-08 05:23 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kosher-jenny.livejournal.com
*blink*

They made a musical of Utena? omgmustseeNOW.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 04:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] swussian.livejournal.com
I don't have the first season. Not ray.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 05:08 pm (UTC)

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-07 05:58 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] superforeigner.livejournal.com
I have a cheap bootleg version from e-bay! And the movie, which I got at a local video store for... three bucks. :D

But no musical, though. Alas!

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-08 12:36 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] cybertardis.livejournal.com
Woo, and indeed, hoo!

--sah

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-08 05:24 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kosher-jenny.livejournal.com
I have...the first dvd. Which is at home, and not in my apartment. Woe.

(no subject)

Date: 2006-02-08 02:45 pm (UTC)

Profile

phosfate: Ouroboros painting closeup (Default)
phosfate

July 2026

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
1213141516 1718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags